20 January 2008

Take Green Action Next Week - Focus the Nation

It's Sunday night and tomorrow is a holiday here in USA, which means I'm not preparing my lessons until tomorrow.

Something exciting and important is happening on January 31st that I read about today:Focus the Nation.

Focus the Nation examines the greening America and reducing global warming with different strategies. It's an educational initiative and includes civic engagement.

= One effort is to engage and work on green democracy
= There is a National Teach In on January 31st where you can participate
= You can cast your vote to choose the green options you think are best
= The 2% Solution is a webcast you can attend on January 30

This seems like a great opportunity and I plan on getting an event scheduled at my high school for January 31st, attending the webcast, and voting too.

No comments: